The Wedding Cake ...

SourYumMum's picture
SourYumMum

Especially for you, TP and Jeremy!

Here's the cake from the wedding we went to on Saturday night:

[img]http://sourdough.com.au/gallery/d/4780-2/100_1826+_707+x+942_.jpg[/img]

... and here's the cake getting smashed!!!

It was full of LOLLIES! (Candy) .... lolly snakes, chocolate frogs, all sorts of good stuff. The entire thing was made of white chocolate ... some lightly coloured pink and a tiny bit of strawberry essence in it.

Very nice.

[img]http://sourdough.com.au/gallery/d/4783-2/100_1850+_707+x+942_.jpg[/img]

Here's the vessel we were on ... The Pontoon ... which one boards at the Sydney Opera House ... we sailed all over the harbour for about 6-7 hours ... past Nicole Kidman's house a few times, and past Russell Crowe's place, past Nicole Kidman's OTHER place ... it would be nice to be that loaded!

[img]http://sourdough.com.au/gallery/d/4789-2/100_1810+_942+x+707_.jpg[/img]

... and here is the view from inside with the Harbour Bridge and my husband's lovely nose!

[img]http://sourdough.com.au/gallery/d/4786-2/100_1829+_942+x+707_.jpg[/img]

The bread was crap.

However, the food was simple and plentiful. [b]Really, really good[/b] ... our tummies were very pleased!

King prawns, oysters, smoked salmon.
Mixed lettuce salad with parmesan.
Thick slabs of roast beef.
Roast pumpkin, fetta, spinach and pine nut salad.
Moroccan-style chicken with yogurt dressing.
Roast vegetable salad.

Wish I could do it every weekend! Except that my feet hurt!

Carol.

Category: 
up
285 users have voted, including you.

Replies

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 9

Must have been some experience! Thanks so much for the pix!

Interesting wedding cake. There's absolutely no cake in there But why the candies? Are there lots of kiddy guests there?

Your hubby reminds me of King Henry VIII...not the size I'm sure...only the profile, lol.

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 October 9

Hey Carol,
what a spread! Where are you in the pic? Gonna have to make your appearance!

Ta, Sounds like you had some tasty food!

Jeremy

SourYumMum's picture
SourYumMum 2006 October 9

TP ... they wanted something different!

The bottom layer contained chocolate mud cake, without the cake. Just a very thick, gooey, chocolatey concoction that was sliced up but still not what I'd call 'cake' ... Jeremy might be able to enlighten me as to what it actually was, it was truly delicious and I could live on it would it not kill me! There were 'layers' of dark and milk chocolate goo.

The bride is a scientist and the groom is one of Australia's best known and rather, um, controversial comedians ... so for them to take to a 'cake' with a hammer and spray lollies everywhere is quite appropriate.

No kiddies present, except for the flowergirl.

Jeremy, I am behind the camera!!!

Oh, OK ..... here I am in my 'blankie' in a photo that looks quite bizarre to me, but there you go ... (gets cold on the harbour in the middle of the night!):

[img]http://sourdough.com.au/gallery/d/4800-2/100_1814+_707+x+942_.jpg[/img]

TP ... When he is not grinning like a Cheshire cat, I actually think my hubby is the spitting image of Crown Prince Haakon of Norway. There you go, google that for a few minutes of fun!

I have been to the fish co-op and bought boarfish for dinner!

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 9

Aww...sigh....what a nice pic of the 2 of you. And, you look every bit as friendly as your posts. I won't be swathing myself with a wrap, I would be dressed like a michelin man in that chill.

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 October 9

Hey there you are Mrs. Mysterious! Mud cake is wha is know here a gooey sweet Mississippi mud cake, never want to drink that water! The cake in it's version here could send you to the dentist or make you die of diabetes!
All whining aside, looks like yours was much better!

Ta,
Jeremy

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 10

[quote="SourYumMum"]
I have been to the fish co-op and bought boarfish for dinner!

[/quote]

BOARfish... Sounds like something Obelix would love (my fav cartoons...the Asterix and Obelix duo but their comic books are so expensive).

What did you make with it?

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 October 10

asterix and Obelix are my favorite too, love
Tintin too! R. Crumb though beats all though in cartoons http://www.rcrumb.net/
It's adult oriented so Maedi, it's up to Graham, and it is a bit like well, sexual and not alway's politically correct,hehehem I fall into both those catagories I admit!

Jeremy

carla's picture
carla 2006 October 10

Hmm people!
Asterix and obelix are [b]not cartoons[/b] as in Tintin et al.

They are history!!

If you know European history it is actually much more funny than if you just read them like a comic, as there are so many little hits in each gag.

And Carol - what a nice pic of you and hubby!

Could the gooey stuff in the cake have been fudge??

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 October 10

Carla,
I only read history! And I think that the Asterix and Obelix are fine material but not nearly a reference? Ok said my bit! As for Carols pix divine and Mississpi mud cake is what I believe I was thinking, may or may not be in the cake you had?[url]http://southernfood.about.com/od/chocolatecakes/r/bl10930a.htm[/url]

Ta all!
Jeremy

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 10

[quote="carla"]
Hmm people!
Asterix and obelix are [b]not cartoons[/b] as in Tintin et al.

They are history!!

If you know European history it is actually much more funny than if you just read them like a comic, as there are so many little hits in each gag.
[/quote]

I agree with you. I think I appreciate enough history to ROTFWL when I read them. Really rich....hilarious. Love the roman and gaul names.

sign
Teepix

carla's picture
carla 2006 October 10

And of course I love the remarks about English cooking:
"I only take a bit of hot water for everything - and it gives such a lovely taste..."

SourYumMum's picture
SourYumMum 2006 October 10

Oh look at all these off-topic topics! I love it!

1. Asterix and Obelix are fabulous and compulsory reading in our house.
2. Thanks Carla!
3. Not fudge, not cake ... somewhere in between ... flourless perhaps? I'm sure, as Jeremy suggested, it will still kill you dead with the amount of butter/cocoa butter/eggs in it!!! But what a way to go!!
4. I am now off to look at Jeremy's rude, crude and undesirable link as I admire that in a person!
5. Yes, BOARfish. And it was sweet and delicious and very nice. Which just goes to show it pays to listen to my man at the fish co-op!

Carol.

bianchifan's picture
bianchifan 2006 October 10

[quote="carla"]
Hmm people!
Asterix and obelix are [b]not cartoons[/b]...

They are history!!
[/quote]
carla, you are wrong..

[u][size=18][b]They are history!![/b][/size][/u]

And then comes Isnogood and than all other like Lucky Luke, Mickey Mouse...

SourYumMum's picture
SourYumMum 2006 October 11

Nope, these modern kiddies know about Nemo and Madagascar and stuff like that. Although I would love to get some of the old Loony Tunes stuff that I grew up with to introduce them to .... as well as early Japanese things like Kimba the White Lion ... perhaps Yogi and Boo Boo ... some of the 60s & 70's
US cartoons were good. Although my boys don't watch any commercial television. The ABC (public broadcaster) is non-commercial and has a high quality of kids entertainment, so they get to watch a little bit of that.

That said, the Banana Splits Show would be great ... the boys know all the words to the theme!!! (Go on, see if you remember the names of all four Banana Split characters!)

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 October 11

Carol, very good desicion to only let your children watch non-commercial TV. You'll really learn something when watching ABC and SBS (it's not that commercial). Do you count 'pay TV' as non-commercial?

For my little brother, 7, my parents have bought him the old cartoons ( felix, poppey, mickey, & lots more) on pre-packaged DVD's.

The ABC also has a nice website, www.abc.net.au

SourYumMum's picture
SourYumMum 2006 October 11

Not that I'm biased or anything, Maedi ... but I work for the ABC, remember?

I was mortified to see an adbreak in the middle of MythBusters on SBS the other night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And my boys are ABC Kids website wizards.

Although the organisation has just decided to stop sending out preview tapes/discs of programmes to the radio stations ... which is a GREAT BLOW!!!

They say they'll save lots of money, but now I will have to spend more!

Carol.

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 October 11

I remember now. For everyone not aware, [url=http://sourdough.com.au/learn/interview/]Carol graciously interviewed Graham[/url] on ABC Radio sometime back.

SBS has always had the ads between shows, but never in the middle of just one.

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 11

Hey, I didn't know it went cyber. Good thing you pointed it out...now stick it somewhere, Maedi. Listening now....

It's all coming together, first Carol's face, now The Voice. Alright!

SourYumMum's picture
SourYumMum 2006 October 12

Depends where OzFest is actually held!!!

As for SBS adbreaks ... it's terrible ... there we were, right in the middle of MythBusters ... they said 'right after this break', and I expected that someone must have forgotten to edit that bit out ... but they ACTUALLY WENT TO AN ADBREAK!!

I'm still traumatised.

Carol.

Already a member? Login