catch up with TP

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/jergra/CIMG0632.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/jergra/CIMG0631.jpg[/img]
Provencale bread, Anchovies, tomatoes,herbes de provence and black olive paste!

Jeremy

Category: 
up
218 users have voted, including you.

Replies

Bill44's picture
Bill44 2006 July 30

[quote="Jeremy"]
Bill and Carol,
Did ya notice the Australian Olive oil, delicious!Jeremy
[/quote]
Never seen that brand out here Jeremy.

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 July 30

Bill,
It's from a large market here called Fairway, they purchase oil from the producers and bottle it with there name, but I think that Picual from Oz, is top notch! They have oil from all over the mediterranean countries and California too! when I go there, like the other shoppers, we gather round dipping bread and oil! There is this other oil I bought from France it's called Castelas, I met the guy once selling in a high end place here called William Sonoma, anyway he gives me a sample and I drink it, he said "how did you know that it would be better than dipping with bread?" So I explained to him in my rustic French that I was a Chef and well he was so happy and we started to talk food and Tour De France, my website, he invited me to stay anytime at the farm and so on....here is the address in case your in the neighborhood!

www.castelas.com oh and fairway market is www.fairwaymarket.com just so you can look and see the madness!

Jeremy

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 July 31

LOL, Jeremy!

*sticking out the white flag*

I realized long ago that I'll never be able to beat you in breadmaking, only thing I can beat you is in Posting!

But, just to give you a run for your $$, I'm gonna be baking a lot towards the end of the week.

Oh my! That provencale loaf! Droool!

Meanwhile, I've a lot of reading to catch up...has been out the whole day/night.

carla's picture
carla 2006 July 31

[quote="Jeremy"]
Bill,
It's from a large market here called Fairway, they purchase oil from the producers and bottle it with there name, but I think that Picual from Oz, is top notch! They have oil from all over the mediterranean countries and California too! Jeremy
[/quote]

Try some from NZ if you find it.
They are producing goldmedal stuff here.
Won contests against the Italians too, amazing.

And last week a couple from Kerikeri won silver for a Lemon liqueur (Limon Z), ahead of Italy!!

SourYumMum's picture
SourYumMum 2006 July 31

Oh yum Jeremy ... olives, stinky little fish ... delicious!

And, yes, I spotted that oil!

Australia is doing a good line in olive oil these days ... I did a series on produce last year and had a chat to one of the Hunter region (where I live) growers. The majority of trees around here are only now coming to maturity (20 years), so it is a new industry for the Hunter (traditionally a wine region) ... although people have messed around with olives for 150 years. Most of the growers around here, but not all, are wine grape growers who dabble in a little olive/olive oil production on the side.

I should post you a CD of the series to dribble over!

Carol.

carla's picture
carla 2006 July 31

I am sure Carol that the climate in Australia and NZ is making a high quality oil.
But man - for table olives you gotta hand-pick the things!! Not so bad for oil (just got to hurry to get them pressed before they ferment), at least you can beat them down onto a cloth, but handpicking!!

SourYumMum's picture
SourYumMum 2006 July 31

Funny about climate, Carla. NSW is generally not suitable for grapes or olives ... especially the Hunter ... as it is far too humid! Yet the region is famous for it. Growers really struggle to get good grapes and olives here ... yet get good stuff they do! I know one vigneron who uses no chemicals/anti-fungals/yukky stuff ... and she really pushes poo uphill if you know what I mean. But her wines are just wonderful.

I guess it just helps push boundaries a little ... and breaks down the stereotypes by protective European industries that you can only grow grapes/olives 'over there'! At least grapes are grapes and olives are olives ... unlike the problems the wine industry has had over styles and 'regional varietals'!!!!!!!!!!

I just eat it!

Already a member? Login