The starter for this loaf is at 100% hydration and the flour in the starter is 1/3 rye and 2/3 white bakers flour.
For 1 x 750g Loaf.
|Starter||188 grams||6.64 oz||51.51%|
|Water||199 grams||7.02 oz||54.52%|
|White bakers flour||243 grams||8.58 oz||66.58%|
|Rye flour||122 grams||4.31 oz||33.42%|
|Olive oil||11 grams||0.39 oz||3.01%|
|Molasses||11 grams||0.39 oz||3.01%|
|Salt||7 grams||0.25 oz||1.92%|
|Carroway seeds (Optional)||4 grams||0.14 oz||1.10%|
Total Flour Weight: 365 grams
Percentages are relative to flour weight (flour equals 100%) and every other ingredient is a percentage of this. Flour from the starter is not counted. This recipe was originally in grams and has been converted to other measures.
- Mix thoroughly in a bowl, cover with a cloth and let stand 10 minutes.
- Scrape out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 - 6 minutes, yes it will be sticky.
- Scrape the dough off the bench and place in an oiled bowl, cover the bowl with gladwrap and let proove for about 3 1/2 hours. You can do a few stretch and folds in this time.
- Shape your loaf and let proof for about 3 hours, the correct amount of time will be dependant on the temperature and your judgement.
- Bake at 210C for 45 minutes.