I am a newbie here and I want to share my experience with quinoa flour. Recently I saw quinoa flour in an organic supermarket and I wanted to give it a try in my regular sourdough bread recipe. I am very amateur in sourdough bread making; I am baking once in a week for about 1kg sourdough bread for the last 6 months. From time to time I am experimenting different flours or flavours.
Result is delicious, I could wait a bit longer before slicing the loaf but I couldn't resist. I can recommend quinoa flour if you like its taste. You can enjoy the whole loaf with olive oil.
Please share your comments
|Ingredient||Weight||US Volume||Bakers Percentage|
|Whole wheat sourdough (%74 Hydration)||225 g||7.94 oz||0.99 cups||37.50%|
|White wheat flour||400 g||14.11 oz||3.14 cups||66.67%|
|Whole wheat flour||115 g||4.06 oz||0.9 cups||19.17%|
|Quinoa flour||85 g||3 oz||0.67 cups||14.17%|
|Extra virgin olive oil||14 g||0.49 oz||0.96 tbspns||2.33%|
|Salt||11 g||0.39 oz||0.8 tbspns||1.83%|
|Organic Lavender Honey||9 g||0.32 oz||0.64 tbspns||1.50%|
|Water||350 g||12.35 oz||1.48 cups||58.33% (hydration)|
|Sunflower seeds||60 g||2.12 oz||0.26 cups||10.00%|
|Sessame seeds||40 g||1.41 oz||2.88 tbspns||6.67%|
|Oatmeal||40 g||1.41 oz||2.88 tbspns||6.67%|
Total Weight: 1349 grams / 47.58 ounces
Total Flour Weight: 600 grams / 21.16 ounces
Bakers percentages are relative to flour weight (flour equals 100%) and every other ingredient is a percentage of this. Flour from the Starter is not counted. Note: This recipe was uploaded in grams and has been automatically converted to other measures, let us know  of any corrections.
- I keep my sourdough refrigerated so before starting, I let it warm to room temperature.
- Mix all the ingredients for about 10 minutes
- Cover the dough and keep it for 9-10 hours in room temperature
- Take it to a well floured area and shape it for your pan (or how you like)
- Rest it to rise for 3-4 hours
- Pre-heat your oven to 220C
- Place one cup of water in the oven to have some moisture
- Set your oven to 200C
- Place your loaf in the oven and bake it for 45 minutes